- Responsible for leading engineering and development personnel across three highly technical departments (Development, Application Engineering and product launch).
- Leadership responsibilities include; recruiting, training and mentoring team, providing regular oversight of programs, monitoring performance metrics, delivering feedback and support to teams.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible to insure part meets all customer and internal design requirements
- Produce robust product designs using tools of CAD/CAE & company design standards
- Responsible to develop DFMEA to ensure part functional and durability requirements are met and ensured for serial production
- Support business development in the selection of the design concept
- Support process development to ensure design for production.
- Support and interact with customer engineering to identify innovative solutions for existing problems
- Position will work with cross functional team to ensure core design meets all application program team requirements.
- Comply with Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality policies and procedures
- Support VAVE with suppliers and generate cost saving ideas. Support acquisition for targeted projects, including presentation of designs to customers as needed.
- Adhere to the Company mission, policies and procedures, and State and Federal regulations
EDUCATIONAL & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum BS in technical field preferably Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of 5-8 years of leadership managing complex, multi-million dollar technical programs.
- Minimum of 3 years of managing product managers and developers proven leadership capabilities.
- Experience with anti-vibration rubber to metal injection molding products such as suspension bushing and powertrain mounts is highly preferable.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to make data driven decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate across all program functions, oversee multiple program, and ability to train, mentor and develop world class product managers
- Demonstrate ability to manage a portfolio of products across product lifecycle
- CAD Skills-NX or Catia preferable. GD&T skills are preferable. Experience working with FEA software such as Marc Mentat preferable.
- Design experience with NVH Rubber Solutions for automotive industry highly desired.
- Knowledge and understanding of mechanical vibrations and acoustics are preferable.
- Injection molding, metal prep and corrosion protection experience is preferable.
- Understanding of ASTM and EN specs for steel, aluminum and plastic standard are preferable.
Interested candidates should send their resume with a cover letter to Nadine Kruse, firstname.lastname@example.org
AirBoss is an equal opportunity employer and does not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, status as a veteran, marital status or parental status.