- The production supervisor position is responsible for supervising skilled and non-skilled employees in a manufacturing and assembly environment. This position plans and assigns work, implements policies and procedures and recommends improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage skilled or non-skilled labor with effective employee relations and treat all employees equally and fairly.
- Ensure that production standards are reached by coaching and assisting (or assigning leaders/trainers to operators).
- Provide employee coaching and development.
- Resolve employee issues through problem resolution.
- Balance quality, productivity, cost, safety/environmental and morale to achieve positive results in all areas to continuously improve in all areas.
- Manage departmental performance measures, including visual controls and provides regular progress reports to manager.
- Lead and complete accident investigations and root cause analysis team in any injury and/or related safety improvement to prevent injuries.
- Track and update vacation, absenteeism in the timekeeping system.
- Ensure that all safety rules and general work rules procedures are followed and resolved.
- Work with the Company, maintenance and safety committee on all safety related issues to ensure employees are adhering to AirBoss, State and Federal regulations.
- Schedule non-skilled labor (create daily assignment lists for operators).
- Backflush daily, complete, and post the daily production numbers.
- Maintain proper inventory levels and participate in inventory.
- Adhere to the Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA), and general shop and safety rules.
- Check scrap totes of assigned presses daily to ensure out of control and production issues are taken care of (or inform correct department of issues).
- Lead daily line leader meetings at the start of the shift to discuss expectations and tasks to complete during the shift.
- Send advanced shipping notices (ASN) if necessary for emergency shipments. Perform shipping department duties during absence if replacements are unavailable.
- Provide customers with 100% on time delivery.
- Comply with Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality policies and procedures.
- Adhere to the Company mission, policies and procedures, and State and Federal regulations.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Associate's degree or higher and/or equivalent work experience 3+ plus years of experience in a manufacturing environment - prefer rubber, metal, or plastic Microsoft Office, QAD, SPC, Campfire Lean Manufacturing
AirBoss is an equal opportunity employer and does not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, status as a veteran, marital status or parental status.