The US Benefit Manager at AirBoss is responsible for the design, implementation and execution of employee benefits including retirement (401k), medical, dental, vision, life and disability for all US locations. The role will also focus on implementing and advocating a wellbeing strategy. In addition, the US Benefits Manager will oversee benefits administration including vendor management, provide internal benefits consulting services, and ensures regulatory compliance and effective communication.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Designs, implements, and manages administration of retirement and group benefit programs across the US including non-represented locations, represented groups and joint ventures where AirBoss is the majority partner.
- Oversees compliance with government regulations for retirement and health & welfare plans. Ensures company compliance with provisions of Employee Retirement Income Security Act and the Affordable Care Act. Supervise preparation of reports and applications required by law to be filed with federal and state agencies, such as Internal Revenue Service, Department of Labor, insurance commissioners, and other regulatory agencies. Review and analyze changes to state and federal laws pertaining to benefits, and report necessary or suggested changes to management
- Manages the development and preparation of all employee benefit communications including Summary Plan Descriptions and annual US Open Enrollment.
- Coordinate company benefits with government-sponsored programs
- Responsible for the management of annual open enrollment activities, including census preparation, review of open enrollment materials, employee education and communications
- Serves as an employee and company advocate for resolution of all inquiries and complaints with insurance carriers
- Support AirBoss businesses in the US with HR delivering financial results as a strategic business partner that drives business success.
- Provides support and assistance to HR team, managers, and employees with questions about benefits.
- Establishes salary and hourly health, welfare, and retirement budgets annually and provides financial information during annually budget planning cycle.
- Develops programs to enhance employee wellness, benefits, and utilization of benefits.
- Perform all necessary compliance reporting and maintain records to comply with all federal and state guidelines
- Serve as primary contact for plan vendors and third-party administrators. Coordinate transfer of data to external contacts for services, premiums and plan administration. Evaluate and revise internal processes to reduce costs and increase efficiency.
- Document and maintain administrative procedures for assigned benefits processes. Ensure compliance with applicable government regulations. Ensure timeliness and accuracy of required reporting and fees
- Train Human Resource staff on benefit processes and provide guidance and resources
- Provide backup assistance to Human Resource team
- Maintain strict confidentiality in all duties and responsibilities
- Support the implementation of new programs and participate in other projects as necessary
- Responsible for all other departmental duties as assigned
- Adheres to company policies
- Follow Quality, Safety, and Environmental policies and procedures
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s Degree in HR, Business, or related field
4+ years related HR, Benefit Administration, and/or HRIS experience
Master’s degree in HR, Business, or related field preferred
Professional Certification such as Employee Benefits Professional or Certified Employee Benefits Specialist preferred
Experience with pertinent federal and state regulations affecting employee benefit programs, including ERISA, ACA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, HIPAA, and Section 125
Strong analytical, problem solving, and project management skills
Excellent Communication, writing, and customer service skills required
Must be able to work effectively in a team/remote environment
Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and projects with a keen attention to detail and commitment to high quality
Ability to exercise discretion and handle confidential and time sensitive issue
Interested candidates should send their resume with a cover letter to Nadine Kruse, firstname.lastname@example.org
AirBoss is an equal opportunity employer and does not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, status as a veteran, marital status or parental status.